Our group is doing research in the area of networking under the direction of Prof. Markopoulou. Current projects are in the areas of mobile systems and mobile data analytics, privacy and IoT devices, network measurement. For past projects see our old page. Our graduate students come from the EECS, CS and Networked Systems graduate programs. Our lab is located at Engineering Hall 4120.
- August 2020: Both of our tools, Rokustic and Firetastic, for automating the exploration of Roku and FireTV applications are now available.
- June 2020: Excited to receive an NSF SaTC Frontier Award for the project “SaTC Frontiers: Collaborative: Protecting Personal Data Flow on the Internet”.
- June 2020: Congratulations to Manos Alimpertis for defending his thesis (on Mobile Coverage Map Prediction) and joining Apple!
- June 2020: The ACM SIGMETRICS 2020 Conference has been canceled due to covid. However, the conference will take place online June 9-11 . Please see the conference’s site for details. Please join the live session and the slack workspace.
- Jan 2020: Congrats to Rahmadi and Janus for having “Packet-Level Signatures for Smart Home Devices”, accepted to NDSS 2020.
- Dec 2019: Congrats to Janus, Hieu, and Anastasia for having “The TV is Smart and Full of Trackers: Measuring Smart TV Advertising and Tracking”, accepted to PETS 2020.
- Nov. 2019: Congrats to Anastasia for having “NoMoATS: Towards Automatic Detection of Mobile Tracking” accepted to PETS 2020.
- Sept 2019: Many thanks to NSF for their support through two new awards on mobile data privacy (CNS Medium) and modeling/analytics (III EAGER).
- We are currently recruiting both PhD students and postdocs in the areas of privacy, machine learning, mobile and IoT systems. Please contact Athina if you are interested.