Our group is doing research in the area of networking under the direction of Prof. Markopoulou. Current projects are in the areas of mobile systems and mobile data analytics, privacy and IoT devices, network measurement. For past projects see our old page. Our graduate students come from the EECS, CS and Networked Systems graduate programs. Our lab is located at Engineering Hall 4120.
- Nov. 2019: Congrats to Anastasia for having “Autolabel: Automatic Detection of Mobile Tracking” accepted to PETS 2020.
- Sept 2019: Many thanks to NSF for their support through two new awards on mobile data privacy (CNS Medium) and modeling/analytics (III EAGER).
- July 2019: Athina becomes Full Professor and EECS Dept Chair.
- May 2019: Congratulations to Anastasia and Balint for successfully defending their theses, and good luck starting at Symantec and Google, respectively.
- May 2019: Athina becomes a Chancellor’s fellow
- Feb. 2019: Many thanks to the UCI Office of Research for seeding our research on “Security, Privacy and Data Analytics of Mobile and IoT Devices”.
- Jan. 2019: Manos’ paper on “”City-Wide Signal Strength Maps: Prediction with Random Forests” accepted to WWW’19.
- Dec. 2018: Balint’s paper on “2K+ Graph Construction Framework” accepted to IEEE/ACM Trans. on Networking.
- Sept. 2018: New NSF Award 1815666, on mobile traffic filtering, awarded.
- Aug. 2018: Congrats to Anastasia for winning the Andreas Pfitzmann best student paper award in PETS 2018, for our NoMoAds paper. Featured in the Engineering and UCI news.
- May 2019: two postdoc openings in our group (starting Fall 2019 or until positions filled) on privacy, machine learning, mobile and IoT systems. Please contact directly Athina if interested.